Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Setting Up a New Stage- My Old Me is Reborn

As I was typing the above title, I realized the heavy responsibility that comes with it. I'm now held accountable for my new discovery....And since I'm big on integrity, I'm committed to reconnecting with my pre-baby creativity/art/passions/persona, which organically resurfaced in me this week. I'm so delightfully pleased to know that I didn't push or force myself. Knowing that I didn't need to is an extra bonus. I embraced motherhood and it felt good. Still, I can't say that I wasn't terrified to pause once in a while, unable to find a trace of who I used to be. 
My dear friend A. said it best, "Told you that somewhere around a year you truly begin to recognize yourself again in the context of life's most important role...".
So I'm starting with a video project. I'm hoping to make it a series. 
)

2 comments:

  1. Terrifc. I have never been a mother (and its probably too late for me) but I am sure its important to nourish yourself as well as your child. Good luck with it! - Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jon! One day at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete